Selected contributions oral and poster alike will be appeared in the Analytica Chimica Acta after the normal refereeing process.
Publication of CAC 2012 papers as Virtual Special Issue of ANALYTICA CHIMICA ACTA
Further to detailed correspondence with the Organising Committee of CAC 2012, I am delighted to have the opportunity to write to those who present a paper(s) or a poster(s) at this meeting in order to cordially invite you to contribute to an exciting new idea for a special issue of ANALYTICA CHIMICA ACTA. This is a entirely new concept which essentially rules out possible delays in publication for contributors to the special issue and hopefully – with the options for videos and additional (colour) photo’s which would not be included in a printed issue – will make this Conference special issue more complete and accessible than it has ever been.
- Accepted papers are published individually in regular issues as soon as they are accepted.
- Footnotes indicate at which Conference they were presented, and are the source for selection and linking to the virtual special issue
- Virtual special issue is prepared and placed on individual Journal special issue site – with links to papers on Science Direct.
- Preface and possible photo’s – with the added possibility of example videos e.g. from poster sessions, available via virtual special issue. I.e. expanded special issue online
Participants are cordially invited to submit a full-length manuscript(s) for potential inclusion in a regular issue of the journal followed by a virtual special issue devoted to CAC 2012.
Points to note:
- Professor Lutgarde Buydens and Professor Karoly Heberger will act respectively as Handling Editor and Guest Editor
- The deadline to submit your manuscript(s) to the CAC 2012 symposium issue of ANALYTICA CHIMICA ACTA is 10th August 2012.
- When preparing your manuscript(s) please carefully follow the journal’s Guide to Authors, which you can find on the online submission site: http://ees.elsevier.com/aca
- In your cover letter please mention that your manuscript is intended for the CAC 2012 special issue
- All manuscripts will be subject to the usual selection process including the strict peer review procedure, therefore acceptance for presentation at the meeting is not a guarantee for publication in the journal.
- A separate dedicated video website will can also contain videos comprised of a PowerPoint presentation or graphics presented along with an audio commentary given by you, the presenter, or one of your colleagues. This is intended as part of the “expanded” virtual issue, and will not be included in the regular issue of the journal. If you wish to submit your poster presentation via this method, please contact the undersigned for a template and further instructions.
- A virtual special issue will only be possible if sufficient papers are accepted to make this possible.
To enable us to deal with the manuscripts as fast and efficiently as possible, you are kindly invited to submit your article via the journal’s online submission and reviewing system which is accessible at: http://ees.elsevier.com/aca. Below please see instructions for submitting your manuscript(s):
- Go to: http://ees.elsevier.com/aca
- Click on the “Submit Paper” option from the top menu
- Enter your user name and password (first time users will have to register)
- After entering the title of your manuscript, please select CAC 2012 as the ‘Article Type’
- Follow the remaining step-by-step instructions to submit your paper
If you experience any technical problems or have any technical questions during the submission process, please contact Elsevier Author’s Support:
. If you have any questions on the submission and reviewing process, please contact the undersigned.
We sincerely hope you will wish to contribute to this exciting project, and would wish you every success with the submission and eventual publication of your paper(s).
With best wishes,
Patricia Massar on behalf of Professors L. Buydens and K. Heberger
Content Development Manager
Analytical Chemistry & Sensors
Elsevier, Radarweg 29|1043 NX |Amsterdam|The Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)20 4852811